Alzheimer’s & Dementia Care
What Makes The Inn at Belden Village the Premiere Provider of Alzheimer’s & Dementia Care in Stark County.
Advanced Technology for Improved Quality of Life – 24 hours a Day . . .
We designed our facility to look and feel like home. We wanted a monitoring system for our Special Care corridor that was less intrusive, more effective, one that provided our Special Care residents a high level of privacy. Our goal was to implement a monitoring system that would allow our Special Care residents to maintain their privacy yet would alert caregivers to the extraordinary attention our Special Care residents require. We found a system that is non-intrusive and state-of-the-art. It also allows our caregivers to provide the highest degree of personalized care, and improves the quality of life of each resident! The system is called Vigil.
How The Vigil Integrated Care Management System Works
Vigil collects data on residents’ activities by using censors around the suite – including motion, bed-wetting and bed-exit sensors. The data is then directed to a central computer where a record of all alarm activity, sensor activity and pages are recorded for further analysis. Initially, care providers use this information to develop a unique profile of each resident’s normal routine. They then set Vigil to allow acceptable activity and warn of unexpected behavior. More importantly, The INN’s caregivers can use the detailed data to design care plans to avoid incidents altogether. This leads to a whole new level of individualized care – such as more independence at night for some residents and timely intervention to manage incontinence.
Here’s What Vigil Will Do for Your Loved One
Improved Quality-of-life for residents:
- Preserves resident independence, privacy and dignity
- Supports individualized care plans that are easily updated
- Contributes to a calm, home-like environment that does not agitate residents
- Supports effective incontinence management
Safety and peace-of-mind:
- Provides 24 hour security for individuals who wander
- Ensures peace-of-mind for the resident’s family and friends
- Offers personal safety alarms to ensure everybody’s safety
- Alerts a caregiver immediately when Vigil is alerted that assistance is needed
Quality management tools
- Care can be adjusted regularly improving quality services to meet the concerns and needs of family
- Provides evidence of caregiver interaction with residents
- Eliminates the need for monitoring bracelets or tags