Featured Recipe: Crumbly Apple Crisp
Apple crisp is the perfect cozy, fall dessert that comes together in a pinch. Served alongside some vanilla ice cream, it’s always a crowd pleaser—and a definite favorite among our residents! Because this recipe requires quite a bit of apple peeling, it’s the perfect dessert to make with a friend or family member. We can’t wait for you to whip it up, and hope you enjoy every last bit!
- 4 medium tart cooking apples, sliced
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/4 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Grease the sides and bottom of an 8″ square pan. Arrange the apple slices in the pan.
3. Combine all other ingredients until well mixed and sprinkle the mixture evenly over the apples.
4. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and apples are tender.
5. Serve warm or cool, with or without ice cream—whatever you prefer!
Learn More About The Inn at Belden Village
In addition to our chef-prepared meals for our residents, The Inn at Belden Village has so many great amenities to offer. To learn more about our assisted living facility, schedule a free lunch and tour today!