Featured Recipe: Greek Lamb Shanks
Are you tired of making the same old chicken breasts or ground beef? If you’re feeling adventurous and you’re ready to try out a new recipe, then Chef Mario’s Greek lamb shanks are for you! Cooked in a delicious tomato and red wine sauce, these lamb shanks are so tender and flavorful that you’ll want to make this dish every week. Let’s dig in and see how this all comes together…
- 6 lamb shanks
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 3 carrots, cut into ¼ inch rounds
- 12 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups red wine
- 4 tomatoes, diced
- 2 tbs cream base
- 4 tsp fresh rosemary
- 2 tsp fresh thyme
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Season the lamb shanks with salt and pepper and place in an oven-safe baking dish. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
3. Transfer the lamb shanks to a large pot and add in all the ingredients.
4. Cover the pot and cook on medium-low heat for two to three hours.
Learn More About The Inn at Belden Village
Interested in learning more about assisted living at The Inn at Belden Village? Beyond our chef-prepared dining, we have so many great amenities to offer our residents. Schedule a free lunch and tour of our facility today!