Featured Recipe: Mexican Flan by Mario
Do you ever crave a sweet dessert but you’re tired of the usual brownies and cookies? Take a trip south of the border with this delicious and creamy Mexican Flan by Mario. Our Executive Chef Mario, who was born in Mexico, loves this classic dessert and has enjoyed sharing it with our residents. Now it’s your turn to make it!
- 1 can condensed milk
- 1 can evaporated milk
- 3 eggs
- 4 ounces heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 300 degrees.
2. Melt the sugar in a sauce pan on low until completely melted through and slightly brown.
3. Place the melted sugar in a baking pan.
4. Fill another larger baking pan with an inch of water and place the small pan inside the larger one. This will help create steam and keep the flan moist while it cooks.
5. Pour the flan mixture on top of the melted sugar.
6. Bake for 40 minutes.
Learn More About Chef-Prepared Dining at The Inn at Belden Village
At The Inn at Belden Village, quality care is so important to us. That’s why we offer our residents delicious and nutritious chef-prepared meals. Check out our menus or schedule a free lunch and tour to learn more about our facility!