Try Chef Paul’s Chicken Chardonnay: Our May Monthly Featured Meal
The Inn at Belden Village assisted living facility makes some great recipes that we want to share with you all at home! This month’s featured recipe is Chicken Chardonnay. This is an easy and delicious dinner option featuring chicken breasts lightly dusted in a flour mixture and sauteed in a creamy Chardonnay wine sauce. It’s full of flavor yet quick to prepare, making it perfect for a weeknight dinner. Here’s what you’ll need to make this meal…
- 6 ounces Boneless Chicken Breast
- 1 cup Flour
- 1 tablespoon Coarse Black Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- ¼ cup Olive Oil
Chardonnay Sauce Ingredients:
- 1 cup Chardonnay
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- ½ cup Roux
- 1 cup Chopped Spinach
- ½ cup Sliced Grape Tomatoes
- ½ cup Sliced Mushrooms
- ½ cup Olive Oil
- First make your flour mixture in a medium sized bowl. Mix together the flour, salt, and pepper.
- Prepare the chicken breasts. Rinse the chicken breasts in cold water and cut off any extra fat.
- Place each chicken breast in the flour mixture and make sure the whole chicken breast gets lightly covered.
- Put the olive oil into a large saute pan and heat on medium.
- Place the chicken breasts into the pan and brown each side.
- In a separate pan, heat up ½ cup of olive oil.
- Add sliced mushrooms and saute to your desired texture.
- Stir in the cup of Chardonnay and let it reduce down to ½ a cup.
- Add heavy cream and reduce down.
- Add the roux as needed for thickening.
- Add spinach and grape tomatoes and saute to your desired texture.
- Once your chicken is cooked, add the Chardonnay sauce with mushrooms, spinach, and tomatoes into the pan and let simmer for a minute.
- Plate chicken and pour extra sauce on top.
This chicken dish would be perfect served over pasta or rice. It’s even easy enough to get the whole family involved in the preparation and cooking of this meal for some quality time together. The Inn at Belden Village hopes you and your family will enjoy this delicious meal together!