It’s a common misconception that senior assisted living facilities serve subpar food to their residents, but here at The Inn at Belden Village we want our residents to have the best of the best. That’s why we have Executive Chef and Dining Service Director Paul Forchione who makes delicious meals daily for our residents. This month’s featured recipe is is an interesting take on a salad – Salad Supreme. With warmer months ahead, this is a nice refreshing meal to enjoy with the family out on the patio or deck.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 cup shredded cheddar
- 1 cup shredded mozz
- 2 cups mixed greens
- 1/2 cup green pepper (julienne)
- 1/2 cup red pepper (julienne)
- 1/4 cup sliced black olives
- 2 tbs. salad supreme seasoning
- 1/2 cup red wine vinaigrette dressing
Once you have all your ingredients ready, you can get started…
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the shredded cheeses together.
- Spray a sheet tray and spread the shredded cheeses out in a circle shape on the tray.
- Bake the cheese circle at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Remove the cheese circle and ensure that it is cooked all the way. Remove from the tray with a spatula.
- Place the cheese circle on top of a bowl and mold it to form a salad bowl. Let the cheese harden over the bowl.
- Once your cheese bowl is formed and hardened, mix the remaining ingredients together and place in the cheese bowl.
We hope you enjoy your Salad Supreme as much as our residents do! Check back each month for new and exciting recipes from Chef Paul.
For more information on The Inn at Belden Village senior assisted living facility or to request a free lunch and tour, contact us today!