A Must-Try: Chef Paul’s Rendition of Grandma Alice’s Texas Sheet Cake
The Inn at Belden Village senior assisted living facility is proud to have a chef that is passionate about food and enjoys cooking for our residents. For the month of October, Chef Paul’s featured recipe is Grandma Alice’s Texas Sheet Cake that is to die for. Try out his recipe for the delicious cake and snuggle up by the fire with a slice.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Grandma Alice’s Texas Sheet Cake…
- 1 cup Water
- 1 stick Butter
- 4 tbsp. Cocoa
- 2 cups Flour
- 2 cups Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. Soda
- 1 tsp. Cinnamon
- 1/2 cups Whole Milk
- 1 tsp. Vanilla
For the frosting:
- 6 tbsp. Milk
- 1 stick butter
- 3 tbsp. Cocoa
- 1 lb. Powdered Sugar
- 1 tsp. Vanilla
- 1 cup Chopped Walnuts
Now we’re ready to start preparing the cake. Follow these simple instructions and soon you’ll have a delicious Texas Sheet Cake!
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the water, butter and cocoa in a pan. Bring to a boil, then turn off heat and let it cool.
- While the mixture is cooling, combine sugar and flour in a bowl.
- Once the first mixture is cool, pour into the bowl with the sugar and flour and mix.
- Add in the 2 eggs and beat.
- Add in the salt, soda, cinnamon, whole milk, and vanilla. Mix together.
- Pour the mixture into a Jelly Roll Pan that has been greased and floured.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
While you’re waiting for the cake to bake you can prepare the frosting…
- Combine milk, butter and cocoa in a pan and bring to a boil.
- Add in the powdered sugar and vanilla. Continuously stir until smooth.
- When the cake is done and completely cooled, spread the frosting on the cake.
- Top with chopped walnuts if you’d like.
This delicious Grandma Alice’s Texas Sheet Cake is the perfect comfort food for the chilly fall weather. Baking is a fun activity for the whole family, so pick a night to get everyone in the kitchen to help make this great recipe from Chef Paul.
The Inn at Belden Village posts a new featured recipe each month, so watch for a new one on our senior living blog, or check out our menu. Chef Paul and all of our staff members provide the best senior assisted care at our facility. It is our mission to care for your loved ones as if they were our own.