Enjoy This Month’s Chef Feature: Green Bean Steak Salad Recipe
Here at The Inn at Belden Village we will be writing a monthly blog post featuring a meal we serve at our assisted living facility. We frequently hear about assisted living residences getting a “bad wrap” for their food. We hope to not only break this stigma, but also show you how you can make some of our favorites meals at home, too! These meals are some of our residents’ favorites and we want to share them with all of you.
Our featured meal for April is Green Bean and Steak Salad. What a better way to celebrate the warm weather than with a fresh and delicious salad. Plus, you can get the whole family involved and grill on the patio! Here’s what you’ll need to get started…
Ingredients (4 servings)
- 4LBS fresh blanch green beans
- 1 ½ cup of julienne roasted red peppers
- 12 whole grape tomatoes
- 1 ½ cup yellow pepper rings
- 2 LBS grill marinated beef tenderloin julienne
- 1 cup of balsamic vinegar dressing
- 1 ½ of red onion julienne
- 16 pieces of Italian seasoning and garlic flavor Polenta cut into triangles
Now that you’ve got your ingredients, here’s what you need to do…
Blanch Green Beans
- 4 LBS fresh blanch green beans
- Fill a 4 quart stock pot with water. Put on stove and bring to a boil.
- When the water is at a boil add the green beans.
- Cook for 5 to 7 minutes. (Check after five minutes for softness. If still too hard cook longer until al dente.)
- Strain water in sink.
- Add ice and cold water to stop cooking process
Beef Tenderloin Marinated
- 2 LBS of beef tenderloin
- 2 cups of Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ cup of soy sauce
- ¼ cup of minced garlic
- 2 TBS of Montreal Steak Seasoning
- Combine all ingredients and mix together.
- Marinate meat for 3 hours.
Grill Beef Tenderloin Marinated
- Take the marinated beef tenderloin and drain it.
- Cut the tenderloin in 4 equal pieces.
- Place the tenderloin on the grill and grill to your choice of tenderness (rare, med-rare, med, med-well, well)
- Cut into julienne pieces to place equally on 4 plates.
Putting the Green Bean/Steak Salad Together
- In a large bowl combine blanch green beans, julienne roasted red peppers, whole grape tomatoes, yellow pepper rings, and julienne red onion.
- Pour on Balsamic vinegar dressing.
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Portion out 4 equal amounts for each individual plate.
- Place 4 triangle garlic Polentas on each plate at 12 o’clock, 3 o’clock, 6 o’clock, and 9 o’clock formation.
- Distribute julienne beef tenderloin evenly on each of the four salad plates.
This Green Bean Steak Salad is the perfect Sunday afternoon meal. For a more informal setting, you can even serve the salad in a big bowl and let everyone get their own! Our residents here at The Inn at Belden Village love this dish and we hope you will too! If you liked this recipe, check out our upcoming meal calendar and let us know if there are any meals you’d like us to feature next!