Featured Recipe: Italian Stuffed Peppers
Craving a delicious, restaurant quality snack? Chef Joe’s Italian Stuffed Peppers aren’t your typical stuffed peppers… These are a brilliant combination of prosciutto and cheese inside a tasty banana pepper. Try them out for yourself—they’re easy and fun to make with a kitchen partner!
- Hot or mild banana peppers
- Fontina cheese
- Thinly sliced prosciutto
- Olive oil
1. Cut off the top of each pepper just below the stem and deseed. Be sure to save the tops for later.
2. Take a piece of prosciutto and line the inside of the pepper as best as you can.
3. Cut the fontina cheese into two-inch long strips (just the right size to fit inside the pepper).
4. Insert the cheese strips into the peppers.
5. Place the pepper tops back onto the peppers and push down firmly to ensure no cheese escapes during cooking.
6. Heat a few tablespoons of olive oil in a pan and gently fry the peppers until the cheese is melted.
7. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and enjoy!
Learn More About The Inn at Belden Village
Interested in learning more about assisted living and our chef-prepared dining at The Inn at Belden Village? Please schedule a free lunch and tour of our facility today!