You might not think to dip a sandwich in berry jam or dust it with powdered sugar, but both are a must with a classic Monte Cristo sandwich! Chef Joe offers up his take on the widely known sandwich just in time for this chilly November ahead. There’s nothing like warming your belly with a hot sandwich on a chilly fall evening!
- 2 slices Bread
- 1 tsp. Mayonnaise
- 1 tsp. Prepared Mustard
- 2 slices Deli Ham
- 2 slices Deli Turkey
- 1 slice Swiss Cheese
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1 tsp. Vegetable Oil
1. Spread each slice of bread with mayo and mustard.
2. Layer the ham, turkey and swiss cheese on the bread, alternating between each.
3. Beat the egg and the milk together in a small bowl.
4. Dip the sandwich into the egg mixture and soak for a couple seconds on each side.
5. Heat vegetable oil in a pan and brown the sandwich on both sides.
6. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve with berry preserves for dipping.
Learn More about The Inn at Belden Village
Be sure to check back each month for an exciting new recipe, or schedule a free lunch and tour to learn more about The Inn at Belden Village!