For our featured recipe for August, The Inn at Belden Village would like to present another great creation from our very own Chef Paul…the Cobb Salad! This is the perfect lunch on a hot August day, and doesn’t take long to prepare. Plus it’s healthy, which is always a plus. Let’s take a look at what you’ll need to get started…
- 1 6 oz Raw Chicken Breast
- ½ tbsp. Canadian Chicken Seasoning
- 4 Grape Tomatoes
- 5 Black Pitted Olives
- ¼ Diced Red Onion
- 4 oz Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 2 oz Chopped Romaine Lettuce
- 4 oz Mesclun Lettuce
- 2 oz Iceberg Lettuce
- 2 Branches Cilantro
- 3 oz Dressing Of Your Choice
Once you have all of your ingredients ready and prepped, now you can start to prepare the chicken for the salad…
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Sprinkle the raw, boneless chicken with Canadian chicken seasoning.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes until the internal temperature has reached 165 degrees.
- Let the chicken cool.
- Once cooled, dice the chicken.
To prepare the salad…
- Mix together the Romaine, Mesclun, and Iceberg lettuce. Break up the lettuce if necessary.
- Place the lettuce on a plate.
- Place the chicken in the middle of the plate on top of the lettuce.
- Place the additional toppings on the lettuce in diagonal rows.
- Drizzle your desired amount of dressing on top.
- Serve and enjoy!
This is a great recipe to make in bulk at the beginning of the week and portion out into tupperware containers to take as lunches. This could also be a quick and super easy weeknight dinner if you have some leftover chicken from the night before.
For more delicious recipes from Chef Paul, watch for another post next month or check out our menu. Chef Paul and all of our staff members at The Inn at Belden Village work to provide the best senior assisted care for our residents.