As we welcome September, it’s time to prepare for the chilly fall weather that’s ahead. What better way to do that than with a hearty Italian dish that will warm you to your very soul? This Amatriciani dish inspired by our very own chef Joseph Stranan is a delicious combination of pancetta, tomatoes, onion, and pasta. With plenty of chopping assistance needed, this is the perfect meal to make with a loved one. Let’s get started…
(Recipe serves 4-6 people)
- 1 pound Pancetta, diced
- 1 large Yellow Onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon Crushed Red Pepper
- 6 cups Tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 pound Butter, softened
- 1 pound Pasta, preferably Cavatappi
- 1 1/2 cups Parmesan, grated
1. Cook pasta al dente (about 10 minutes) and set aside.
2. In a lightly oiled large pan, cook the pancetta and diced onion on medium heat until the pancetta is browned and onion is carmelized.
3. Sprinkle in the crushed red pepper and stir.
4. Add the tomatoes and softened butter into the pan and stir.
5. Toss in the pound of cooked pasta and stir all ingredients together.
6. Top with grated parmesan cheese and serve.
As always, we hope you enjoy this recipe just as much as our residents do. Be sure to check our blog each month for a new featured recipe. These recipes are resident favorites around The Inn at Belden Village, and are great for getting the whole family involved in the kitchen.
To learn more about The Inn at Belden Village senior living facility, give us a call or fill out our online contact form to request a free lunch and tour.