When you’re looking for something quick, easy, and absolutely delicious to make, just whip up some beef quesadillas like Chef Mario does for our residents! Growing up in Mexico, there were always tortillas on hand, and Mario learned that quesadillas are an easy but oh-so-good option for lunch or dinner. Even kids love them! While Chef Mario usually adds in bell pepper, you can add just about anything you like to your quesadilla. They are so delicious dipped in salsa, sour cream, or guacamole.
*Note: Ingredients are for one quesadilla. Multiply accordingly for multiple servings.
- 1 12-inch flour tortilla
- 4 ounces of shaved or thinly sliced steak
- 4 ounces mozzarella or Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 chopped red bell pepper
- Salt & pepper
- Season the steak with salt and pepper.
- Cook the steak in a pan over medium heat until cooked through.
- Chop the steak into small, bite-sized pieces.
- Remove the meat from the pan and set aside.
- Add the tortilla to the hot pan and grill until it’s crispy.
- Evenly distribute the meat, cheese, and bell pepper onto half of the tortilla.
- Fold the tortilla in half. Serve with salsa, sour cream, or guacamole.