The weather is really starting to heat up, so Chef Mario wanted to share a recipe that’s summery and refreshing—champagne salad (no worries for those who don’t drink—there’s actually no champagne in it). It’s cold, fruity, and a little bit tangy—what’s not to love? This is a great side dish/dessert to bring along to your next family cookout or evening on the patio.
- 1 package lemon Jell-O
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1 cup ginger ale
- Grapes (about 20-30)
- 1 orange, peeled and sliced
- Pecans (about 2 handfuls)
- Make the Jell-O according to package instructions. Use the cold apple juice and ginger ale in place of the cold water. Pour into your desired serving dish or Jell-O mold.
- Cut the grapes and orange slices into smaller pieces (or leave whole if that’s what you prefer).
- Let the Jell-O partially set before folding in the grapes, orange slices, and pecans.
- Finish letting the Jell-O mixture set before serving.
- Serve with whipped cream.
Learn More About Our Chef-Prepared Dining
At The Inn at Belden Village, we don’t settle for less than the best for our residents. Chef Mario and our culinary staff prepare wholesome, nutritious, and delicious foods to keep our residents happy and healthy. Learn more!