With cold temperatures outside, it’s fun to enjoy warm, freshly baked treats inside for a cozy evening or afternoon. If you’re looking for something new to try out, we highly recommend trying your hand at Chef Mario’s Peach Cobbler. It’s a delectable combination of crunchy and crisp topping with sweet and tender peaches. Traditionally, peach cobbler is something people make in the summer when you can get your hands on fresh peaches, but you can make this anytime using canned peaches!
- 3 cans peaches
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 cups water
- 4 cups flour
- 8 tablespoons sugar
- 8 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cup margarine
- 1 cup milk
- 4 eggs – well beaten
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Mix the peaches, lemon juice, 3/4 cup sugar, and water together in a large bowl using your hands.
- Divide the mixture between two two-inch pans. Cover the pans with foil and place in the oven for 20-30 minutes, just until the peach mixture is hot.
- In another bowl, mix together the flour, 8 tablespoons of sugar, baking powder, and salt. Mix well.
- Cut in the margarine until the mixture is fine.
- Using a pastry blender, gently stir in the milk and well-beaten eggs.
- Drop the mixture by spoonful over the peaches in each pan.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve with whipped cream or ice cream on top.
Learn More About Chef-Prepared Meals at The Inn at Belden Village
At The Inn at Belden Village, we take the care of our residents very seriously and want to do everything we can to keep them happy and healthy. That includes offering nutritious and wholesome food prepared fresh by our culinary team. Learn more about chef-prepared dining.