Chicken is one of those things that you always seem to have in the fridge or freezer, but how many times do you want to eat the same old grilled chicken? It’s time to explore some different recipes and get creative about what you can do with chicken.
Chef Mario’s Chicken Moutarde recipe boasts incredible creamy flavors that you’ll want to recreate again and again! This recipe is a French-inspired classic that comes together quickly and is sure to impress. The family probably won’t mind a lot of repeats of this meal—it’s just that good!
- 6oz boneless chicken breast
- 1 cup of flour
- ½ cup of cooking brandy
- 1 cup of sliced mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 cup of heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon course black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Mix the black pepper and salt into the flour.
- Dredge the chicken breast in the flour mixture until coated.
- Put olive oil in sauté pan and heat.
- Sauté the chicken breast until lightly browned.
- Add the mushrooms and brandy and cook until mushrooms are soft and brandy has reduced down.
- Stir in the dijon mustard.
- Add in the heavy cream and simmer for 10 minutes until the sauce thickens and chicken breast is cooked.
Learn More About Our Chef-Prepared Dining
The assisted living residents at The Inn at Belden Village get nutritious, chef-prepared meals daily. Like this Chicken Moutarde recipe, our residents have favorites and we love to show them off for others to recreate at home! Learn more about chef-prepared dining at The Inn at Belden Village, or browse other featured recipes here.