Even though it’s summer and getting very hot outside, cravings for delicious and soul-warming comfort food don’t go away. Satisfy them with this delicious creamy chicken and noodle dish that the whole family will love. It’s easy to put together and perfect for a weeknight meal for the family. Let’s dive in!
- 6 oz 1/2 bag wide egg noodles
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 1/2 cups cooked chicken, diced
- 1 1/2 cups frozen peas and carrots
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup cream or milk
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tbsp flour
- If you don’t have any cooked chicken on hand, you can start by steaming a 1/2 pound of chicken breasts. Dice once cooled.
- Cook the noodles according to package directions, until tender.
- Heat your cream or milk in a saucepan, and melt the butter in another.
- Once the butter is melted, stir in the four and continue stirring until there are no lumps. Let the roux cook for about a minute until it deepens in color.
- Gradually whisk in your warm cream or milk, as well as the broth, and continue whisking until well combined. Let the mixture come to a soft boil to thicken.
- Season the sauce with salt and pepper as needed.
- Pour the frozen veggies in the sauce to start thawing.
- In a large serving bowl, bring together the noodles, cooked chicken, sauce, and vegetables. Mix to combine well.
- Serve in the bowl or in a casserole dish and enjoy!
Learn More about Chef-Prepared Meals at The Inn at Belden Village
It’s important to us to keep our residents healthy and happy, and that means serving them nutritious and delicious chef-prepared meals. Learn more!