Looking for a Halloween/fall treat that’s orange—but not because it’s pumpkin flavored? We’ve got you covered with this new recipe from our kitchen. Hang on to the flavors of summer just a bit longer while embracing the vibrant colors of fall with Chef Mario’s Orange Sherbet Salad.
This refrigerated treat is a nice indulgence that’s kept on the healthier side as it’s full of pineapple and mandarin oranges. Plus, there’s no baking involved, so the kids can help out in the kitchen as well. You can even take it a step further and make the dessert look more festive for Halloween. Put the Jell-O mixture into individual glasses or jars and layer more crushed pineapple and marshmallows on top to make them look like candy corn. Let’s get started!
- 1 package orange Jell-O
- 1 pint orange sherbet
- 1 container whipping cream
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapples
- 1 bag mini marshmallows
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges
- Dissolve Jell-O in water.
- Add sherbet to Jell-O mixture. The sherbet should melt and become creamy as you mix it in.
- Let the Jell-O mixture partially set.
- Add all other ingredients.
- Fold in whipping cream last.
- Top with additional whipped cream and marshmallows for serving if you desire.
Learn More About The Inn at Belden Village
If you like this recipe from our Executive Chef Mario, you’ll love the others we share! We’d love you to come out for a free lunch and tour of The Inn at Belden Village to learn more about assisted living at our facility.