Now that it’s fall and the weather has cooled down, doesn’t it seem like all you want to eat is warm comfort food? Instead of hitting the drive-thru for a burger, why not make your own fun twist on it at home? Chef Mario’s patty melt isn’t just a burger, it’s a delicious combination of juicy ground beef, melt-in-your-mouth caramelized onions, gooey, melty cheese, and the best Jewish rye you can find. This is a huge hit with our residents—it’s one of their favorites!
- 5oz. burger patty
- 2 slices Jewish rye bread
- 2 tbsp Yellow onion
- 1 slice Swiss cheese
- 1 tbsp Butter
- Season your burger patty with salt and pepper.
- Grill the patty to your desired doneness.
- Cut the yellow onion into thin slices and then sauté in a pan until slightly caramelized.
- Butter the Jewish rye bread and place it on griddle.
- Add Swiss cheese to the rye and allow it to melt.
- Add burger patty to bread and top with onion.
- Serve with a pickle and chips, or whatever you’re in the mood for. Enjoy!
Learn More About Chef-Prepared Dining at The Inn at Belden Village
Do you want the best care for your loved one? We do, too! Our comprehensive care includes feeding our residents quality, chef-prepared meals that they actually want to eat and enjoy. Chef Mario does a great job of balancing delicious flavors with nutritious ingredients. Learn more.