Although it may not seem like it with all the cold and snow of late, nicer weather is coming and that means you’ll be able to get our your grill and take the cooking to the patio! A burger just isn’t quite as good without the perfect grill marks and smoky flavor. This patty melt recipe is an all around favorite among both residents and staff. It’s everyone’s go-to meal for days when you just can’t decide what to have. Let’s get started!
- 5 oz. Burger Patty
- Jewish Rye Bread
- Yellow Onion
- Swiss Cheese
- 1 tsp. Olive Oil
- Season burger patty with salt and pepper on both sides (and other spices of your choice). Place the patty on the grill or frying pan and cook the meat to your preferred degree of doneness.
- Slice the yellow onion and sauté in olive oil until golden.
- Butter the Jewish rye bread and place on griddle or frying pan.
- Add swiss cheese on top of the rye bread and allow it to melt.
- Add burger patty to the bread and top with sautéed onions.
Residents at The Inn at Belden Village are provided delicious, chef-prepared meals each day. Our caring kitchen staff is just one of the many perks of living at our facility. Learn more about The Inn at Belden Village by scheduling a free lunch and tour.