As we discuss in our post “5 Winter Health & Safety Tips for Seniors”, it’s very important for senior citizens to eat a balanced diet during the winter to make up for the lack of vitamin D we normally get from the sun. This means filling up with vitamin and mineral rich veggies and fruits, healthy fats, and lean protein.
You’re sure to get a healthy dose of protein packed with flavor from Chef Joe’s Roasted Beef Tenderloin. This 5-star restaurant-level meal is a favorite among our residents, and is surprisingly easy to make. Let’s get started…
- 1 whole Beef Tenderloin, trimmed
- 1/2 cup fresh Oregano, chopped
- 4 cloves Garlic, minced
- Olive Oil
- Kosher Salt
- fresh ground Black Pepper
1. Massage the freshly chopped garlic onto the whole tenderloin.
2. Heavily season the tenderloin with kosher salt and ground black pepper to coat.
3. Sprinkle the freshly chopped oregano onto the tenderloin.
4. Rub tenderloin with olive oil.
5. Preheat grill to high temperature and place entire tenderloin on the grill. After 4 minutes turn the tenderloin on its side. Repeat for all 4 sides.
6. Let the tenderloin rest for about 5 minutes on a cutting board and then slice on the bias.
Learn More About The Inn at Belden Village
In addition to chef prepared meals, The Inn at Belden Village offers so many unique amenities that are sure to make you feel right at home. Schedule a free lunch and tour of our facility to discover all we have to offer. Contact us today for more information!